Massive fire at Catford Golf Course

Discussion in 'Catford & Hither Green' started by Nick Barron, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Nick Barron

Nick Barron Admin Staff Member

50 London Fire Brigade firefighters struggled to get a blaze in a derelict house by a golf course in Catford today. The Brigade's Twitter feed confirms it is now under control.

2. Delores

Delores Regular

why o why do I always seem to be doing something else when there are things like this happening, I have my own audio blog and am always looking for local news as it happens

3. mollhench

mollhench Local

I hope it wasn't the lovely building next to the Manor House at Beckenham Place Park - I went there the other day and thought it was an absolute tragedy that it was empty - could make fantastic artists workshops or live/work units and the garden could be great community allotments - but instead it was all derelict and sorry for itself.

4. Delores

Delores Regular

I think it probably is that building, it is the only Manor house in the park??? I think.

5. Lady

Lady Proper Local

6. Tamsin

Tamsin Super-South-Easter

Yes, it was the Grade II listed (I think) stables next to the Manor House - neglected shamefully for decades by the Council and now burned out. The Friends of Beckenham Place Park (or at least according to one of their regular volunteers who I know quite well) are equally gutted about it.

7. Brockley Jon

Brockley Jon Admin Staff Member

You can add me to the list of people who are gutted about it. I've been past a few times and always thought it was a crying shame that it was derelict.