Massive fire at Catford Golf Course

Discussion in 'Catford & Hither Green' started by Nick Barron, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Nick Barron Admin

50 London Fire Brigade firefighters struggled to get a blaze in a derelict house by a golf course in Catford today. The Brigade's Twitter feed confirms it is now under control.
  2. Delores Regular

why o why do I always seem to be doing something else when there are things like this happening, I have my own audio blog and am always looking for local news as it happens
  3. mollhench Local

I hope it wasn't the lovely building next to the Manor House at Beckenham Place Park - I went there the other day and thought it was an absolute tragedy that it was empty - could make fantastic artists workshops or live/work units and the garden could be great community allotments - but instead it was all derelict and sorry for itself.
  4. Delores Regular

I think it probably is that building, it is the only Manor house in the park??? I think.
  5. Lady Proper Local

6. Tamsin Super-South-Easter

Yes, it was the Grade II listed (I think) stables next to the Manor House - neglected shamefully for decades by the Council and now burned out. The Friends of Beckenham Place Park (or at least according to one of their regular volunteers who I know quite well) are equally gutted about it.
  7. Brockley Jon Admin

You can add me to the list of people who are gutted about it. I've been past a few times and always thought it was a crying shame that it was derelict.